Sunday, September 5, 2010

Goodbye to our Maya-girl

On August 26, we lost our pupper-girl Maya. We are very, very sad. What a good friend she has been and such a huge part of our lives. Before I came along, Maya was the baby. For the most part, she loved it. Well, except for days like these........



You gotta love Mommy and Daddy, they are pretty silly. Then, I came along, and Maya was a bit concerned once she found out I was not just here for a visit..........










But, then, she saw this..........


and she knew I was here to save her from any additional humiliation or costume changes! Hey, I love this dress-up stuff. Then, we became the best of friends.....


































I don't really understand this death stuff -- but, who does really? Go Dog Go is one of my favorite books. When I asked Mommy about where Maya is, she explained that Maya is at the big dog party at the top of that beautiful, tall tree. Red dogs and blue dogs, yellow dogs and green dogs, black dogs and white dogs...all at a dog party. I can see her sitting there with Enkidu and Ming Lee holding her ice cream cone and wearing her beautiful party hat. That makes me feel better......for a little while. We miss you Maya and love you more than we could ever say. Goodbye, dear friend.



No comments: